Monday, October 31, 2011

Halloween can be TRICKY!

Our idea of Halloween pre-GAPS, was candy, candy, and more candy. Since we can't have sugar or processed foods, (and have learned the detrimental effects of both), I needed to come up with other ideas of how to spend Halloween.

Can I tell you how much I love Google?? Mom's all across the world post there ideas on having a healthier Halloween. Here are a few ideas we are going to adopt!

First, we will trick or treat for a little bit. My kids still enjoy dressing up and going out!

The "Switchy Witch" is coming to switch out there bag of candy, for some "GAPS-approved" treats and money.

Then, we have invited family and neighbors to come over for a hot dog roast (in our driveway) over our fire-pit, Coconut-Pumpkin soup, Cauliflower Potatoe-Sausage soup, and some carrot cake cupcakes and pumpkin cupcakes.

We will sit out on our front driveway and pass out "Halloween toys" while the kids play in my parents blow up haunted house.

I'm hoping for success!

Hope you all have a fun Halloween!!


Cody and I attended an Adult costume party. The theme was commercials. Cody was the "Orkin Man", and I was the cockroach. (Dippin' Skinny anyone??)

No comments:

Post a Comment