Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Shrimp Scampi and a FUN story!

When I can find some WILD caught shrimp on sale, this is the recipe we make! My children lick their plates on this one.

(The picture doesn't do it justice. I didn't have my good camera. Bummer!)


 SHRIMP SCAMPI
2 lbs. of peeled and deveined shrimp
2 T. of Ghee or Butter
1/2 onion chopped
3-4 cloves of garlic minced
1/2-1 cup of chicken broth
2 medium spaghetti squash
salt and pepper to taste

Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. I generally cook my spaghetti squash whole. Place the spaghetti squash in a pan, and cook it for about 1 hour. Peel and devein your shrimp. In a medium skillet, melt  the butter and add the onion and garlic. Cook for about 10 min., until the mixture is soft and translucent. Add the broth and stir til gently simmering. Add the shrimp, and cook for about 5-8 min., stirring til the mixture has thickened and the shrimp have turned pink. Salt and pepper to taste. Shred the spaghetti squash with a fork, and use as your noodles for the shrimp scampi. Butter and salt your spaghetti squash, and then top with the shrimp mixture. It's a yummy buttery, garlicky mixture in your mouth. YUM!


This weekend, I went to visit my sister-n-law. She took me over to one of her friend's houses. When we walked into her family room, there was a big CAT climbing all over the couches we were about to sit on, and weaving in and out of the curtains by the window above the couch. I knew I was going to sit on that couch, and I knew I would be in trouble. I have always been allergic to cats. Usually before I see a cat at someones home, I can TELL a cat lives there. My throat and eyes start to get itchy, I get stuffy, and start sneezing. I try not to touch the cats, or I'm in real trouble. I went and sat on the couch, and hoped that I wouldn't be too bad off. I think we were there for longer than an hour, and guess what! Not one sniffle, no itchy throat, and no watery eyes. I was ecstatic. I couldn't believe it! There's a theory out there that allergies do not really need to exist. Allergies just mean you need to work on your digestive and immune system. Once you get those working properly, no allergies. I'm hoping this is a sign, that things are starting to work properly in my body. Now I didn't exactly touch the cat, or roll around in the "cat-hair" couch, but I'll have to experiment with that next time! :)

Keep eatin' fat!

Brittney


No comments:

Post a Comment