Sunday, February 12, 2012

Silly Me!



You would think I would learn after my last episode with essential oils, to STAY AWAY, but it usually takes a few lickins' before I can get it in my head. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE essential oils, but for me, who is now incredibly cleaned out, they can have a strong effect.

If you start with the GAPS INTRO DIET, you heavily detox in the beginning, so your body becomes incredibly cleaned out. As you move along on the diet, you add detoxifying foods slowly, so your body can adjust, so not to become too overburdened by the toxins you are pulling from your body. For Example: Juicing is very detoxifying. We are suppose to start with 2 Tbl. a day, and slowly go up to a cup. If  you feel miserable, you can slow down a bit, or try again another time. Another example is sauerkraut and it's juices. My family is up to 6 tsp. of sauerkraut juice. This is a huge accomplishment for us. It took forever to be able to tolerate 2 tsp., so I am happy for our new number. Soon, we will start 1 tsp. of the actual sauerkraut, and move up to a 1/4 of a cup with every meal.

So back to ESSENTIAL OILS. Last weekend I went to my SIL's house, and she has a friend who can scan your body for the oils it needs at the present time. My highest oil was Lemon. Lemon is incredibly detoxifying, and a purifier. (Go figure!) So, I decided I would go slow, and only have one drop of the oil in my water a day. By day two, I looked 4 months pregnant. I was extremely bloated, had back and neck pain, and a headache to boot. Ok, so I went too fast on the oils. I know my body needs them, but here's the kicker. 1 drop of lemon oil, is as effective as 20 cups of lemon tea. So, since doing GAPS, and having to go slow with all of our detoxing foods, 20 cups of lemon tea was a slam to my body!!

Note to self: STOP PUSHING THE LIMITS. This diet is not a race, I will come out better in the end, so don't kill your body in the process, it is counterproductive. Go line upon line, precept upon precept, and quit trying to be tough!

Ok, I feel better now.

Note to everyone else: Essential Oils are fabulous! They are my new medicine cabinet. I haven't had to take my kids to the doctor in over two years, because the oils have taken care of the colds, flu, asthma, pink eye, need for stitches, burns, ring worm etc. They are very powerful, and work at the cellular level. I love them, just too powerful for me right now!

New plan: Continue the food course. When I am officially in the FULL GAPS DIET, and I haven't detoxed in a long time, start the lemon oil again, but dilute it, and use twice a week to start, and build up from there. Better plan!

Keep eatin' fat!

Brittney

No comments:

Post a Comment